It’s important for all companies to conduct regular workplace drug and alcohol testing for all of their workers. This could help ensure that all workers are sober enough to do their job, ultimately giving big advantages for the company and its employees.
What benefits could workplace drug and alcohol testing give to your company?
There are big benefits that drug and alcohol testing could provide to your company, making it an important process you should not miss. Although it aims to know more about your employees’ drug and alcohol consumption, it will lead to these perks for your company to enjoy.
- It could improve your employees’ awareness about substance misuse, thus encouraging them to avoid it for good. That could also help them comply with the company’s standard regarding drug and alcohol consumption.
- With the help of a professional medical review officer, it’s easy to identify which among your employees are misusing illegal or regulated substances. Thus, you can come up with appropriate action according to your company policies, like implementing penalties among some other moves.
- You can avoid a lot of issues regarding your employees which could affect your company in many ways. For example, alcohol intoxication could cause accidents to happen within your establishment, and you can expect such employees to perform poorly as well.
Basically, workplace drug and alcohol testing could help your company assess your employees’ condition. Moreover, this promotes awareness against substance misuse too, for the betterment of your workers as individuals.
How to come up with drug and alcohol testing in your company?
For you to conduct drug and alcohol testing in your place, remember the following points:
- Start by finding a reliable occupational medicine and health service providers, which offers workplace alcohol and drug testing. It would be best to find one with consultation services as well, so they could help you come up with substance misuse policies.
- Next, sit with the experts and ask for their help in drafting your company’s drug policies. Remember that you can’t implement any alcohol and drug tests without the said policy.
- Inform your entire company about your substance misuse policies before implementing drug and alcohol tests. You can do this on meetings, by distributing printed stuff or sending the info through email newsletters among other ways.
- You can also consider facilitating a seminar about drug and alcohol misuse for everyone in your company. This would not be a hassle since you can hire experts from the occupational health services as resource speakers.
- That’s when you can implement workplace drug and alcohol testing within your company, and start incorporating it on your recruitment system. Be sure to hire reliable doctors to conduct the tests as well.
Take note of these reminders so you can implement the tests in your company seamlessly. Just be sure to hire a reliable occupational health service to help you through the process.
Companies like https://resile.com.au/drugs-alcohol-and-fitness-for-work/, for example, conduct reliable drug and alcohol tests for any company and observes efficient injury classification guidelines carefully. That could help you achieve results you can trust, so you can make the best decisions for your company.